Newsweek is looking for a news editor to join our London team.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience covering all aspects of US news, from politics to culture to sport. Reporting to the senior news editor, they will be a digital native aware of the latest internet trends and conversations.
The candidate will be familiar responding to both breaking news and commissioning and overseeing originals and exclusives.
The news editor will also be expected to spearhead Newsweek's US news coverage and edit reporters' copy to a high standard. They will show sound editorial judgment and a comprehensive understanding of media law.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
Our office is based in London Canary Wharf but we are definitely open to the potential of working from home.
- Commission and edit stories
- React to breaking news
- Scour multiple social media for stories and emerging trends
- Assign and oversee original stories and exclusives
- Check facts and sources and ensure content is of the highest possible standard
- Forward planning for future events
- Experience in an editing role for a reputable organization
- Familiarity covering US news and trends
- Experience of various social media platforms
- Detailed knowledge of SEO
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position