Citywire is currently looking for a news editor to join our award-winning New Model Adviser editorial team. This role will involve you leading an award-winning team of reporters breaking news on the financial advice market.
A little about us... Citywire helps people make better investments. We publish news, analysis and unique fund manager performance information to help professional investors make the best decisions about where to place their clients' money.
Sustainability is at the heart of what we do. We employ around 300 staff and look for motivated, passionate and dynamic people from all walks of life and backgrounds. Professional development is paramount to us to keep innovated and we encourage training throughout your career.
We have offices in London, Brighton, New York, Munich, Milan, Singapore and Sydney, and most recently in Paris. We have fully embraced a hybrid model of working.
As our news editor, you will:
- Work closely with reporters on investigations and breaking news
- Think about delivering news in different formats, including podcasts and videos
- Manage the news section of the website and the flow of stories
- Quickly and accurately edit and deliver news stories
- Pursue your own news stories and writing
- Work with the editor to develop new newsletters and formats
- Take part in Citywire conversations about news and investment coverage
- Work with the editor and deputy editor on news strategy, including how big stories are covered and investigations are started
- Ensure all stories in CMS are tagged properly
- At least one early shift a week to cover breaking markets news
Job specific skills / technical skills / requirements
- At least two years in financial journalism
- Proven track record of breaking big stories
- Understanding of the advice market
Who we are
Honesty, integrity, fairness and respect are four core values. We can and should disagree with one another, in the interests of getting the right answer. Arguments for truth, not ego. We should always focus on sustainability at every level of the company.
Excelling at your job will contribute to high performance at Citywire. You should have a continuous and constructive spoken dialogue with your manager about your performance, with reference to these behaviours: A positive approach; collaborating with colleagues; a make it happen attitude.
We offer a competitive salary and additional company benefits:
- 25 days' holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years' service followed by 30 days after five years' service) plus bank holidays
- Flexible working options
- £480 allowance on any wellbeing activity and/or gym options. We will help with your monthly or annual costs
- We have a personal trainer who runs virtual workout sessions during lunchtime weekly
- Eye-test and glasses allowance
- Medical and dental private insurance available after probation (three months)
- Competitive private pension scheme after probation.
- Critical illness cover and group life assurance from day one
- Well-being: access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
- Cycle to work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans
- Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12 months and make a National Insurance saving too
After two years continuous service you will also have access to group income protection.
On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs virtual workout sessions during lunchtime weekly.
Please do not miss our Youtube channel where we say a lot about us: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMOUK4uLN7yZU8j79l4zcg
Pre-selected applicants will undertake 2 psychometrics tests.
Interviews will take place via Zoom/Teams.
Citywire is an equal opportunities employer.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position