#ICYMI is an ever evolving news and current affairs project with a growing audience which aims to mock and enlighten at the same time. We have the freedom to use any format in our mission to produce funny, thoughtful and analytical content. Our only stance is - everyone is a hypocrite.
We’re relaunching our online news channel and are looking for an excellent producer to join our team. If you’re a voracious consumer of news and current affairs media, brimming with ideas for exciting new digital content, and are fluent in social media, then this is the job for you.
Daily tasks will involve pitching stories, developing and producing them. This could mean being out and about on shoots, working on an edit (self-editing would be a bonus), tracking down interesting guests, or even finding props and scouting locations. Not being shy in front of a camera would be an added bonus, this job could evolve into an on-screen role too.
You’ll need to be well-versed in social media, with an ability not just to post and promote #ICYMI content across a variety of platforms, but experience of how to optimise and maximise engagement.
If you want to work in news but want to change the way it works, drop us a line.
Take a look at our channel for more of an insight into life at #ICYMI:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ICYMIvideo
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ICYMIvideo/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdgFmrDeP9nWj_eDKW6j9kQ
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/icymivideo/
We need someone who:
- Has a firm interest in current affairs and politics.
- Is social media fluent.
- Is hardworking, constantly thinking outside the box and has the ability to look at the news from a fresh perspective.
- Can work multiple roles as part of a small team.
- Is full of ideas, and wants to develop a growing project.
Salary is competitive, and the role is based in central London.
Please send your CV, cover letter and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position