RT UK is looking for a news producer to join its talented team in central London - a great opportunity for someone who wants to work on rolling news, helping to uncover hidden stories and presenting alternative perspectives to the mainstream media. This is a 12-month maternity leave cover, with the possibility of going into a similar, permanent role afterwards.
The successful candidate will have their own contact database and a keen interest in politics, news, culture and history - not just of the UK, but the rest of the world. They will be familiar with RT’s brand and demonstrate enthusiasm for our ‘Question More’ approach. We expect the news producer to have great editorial judgement and communication skills, and be able to work on their own and as part of a team.
- Research stories for daily news broadcasts;
- Book relevant guest speakers for live and pre-recorded interviews;
- Follow story developments;
- Assist correspondents or camera crews in organising filming;
- Conduct interviews;
- Pitch ideas for short- and long-term planning;
- Work to extremely tight deadlines; and
- Go above and beyond the job description, sometimes working weekends, bank holidays or unsociable hours.
- Fluent in English;
- Degree-level education;
- Right to work in the UK; and
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in working in TV, newspaper or online journalism.
RT UK is the British sister channel of RT International, beaming into homes across the United Kingdom with news and content specifically tailored to a UK audience. We seek to tell untold stories, report on the under-reported and dig out the content so often missed by the mainstream media. We pride ourselves on our fresh approach to news delivery – a fast-paced but in-depth view into the world of UK news.
To apply, send a CV, covering letter and story pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org with news producer in the subject line.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position