News Reporter, Global Data Review
Salary: Competitive, DoE
Law Business Research Ltd is an established news service and publishing house based in London, UK providing news, analysis and research tools for the global legal community. The company employs approximately 320 employees across eight news and awareness brands, as well as other research and analysis publications. We have journalists based in London, Washington, DC and Hong Kong.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a news reporter to join the Global Data Review (GDR) in our Washington, DC office. The GDR team currently has five journalists based in London and you’ll be working with seven other journalists in the DC office who cover antitrust, investigations and IP.
Launched in September 2018, Global Data Review (GDR) focuses on the law and regulation of data as an asset, looking at how companies exploit and monetise data while complying with an ever-growing web of privacy, cybersecurity, antitrust and other regulations around the world.
What you would be doing:
- Covering regulatory agencies, court cases, conferences, law firms and political developments that shape the data regulatory policy and enforcement landscape
- Relying on original reporting, you would be producing daily stories for our news service as well as crafting engaging features and reports about issues relevant to the publication
- There will be opportunity for travel both within the US and overseas, sometimes frequently
What we are looking for:
- Degree in Journalism, Communications or Law or relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to find sharp angles in stories
- Self-starter, confident in covering this critical and growing area of law and business
- Team-oriented and collaborative outlook in newsrooms
- Experience reporting on digital or data issues would be a distinct advantage
- A deep interest in business and legal reporting
In return we can offer you a rewarding career with personal and professional development in addition to a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes:
- 20 days holiday + public holidays
- Gym allowance
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this role and writing samples via the "Apply Online" button below. We look forward to receiving your application.
We support a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace, and welcome applications from different backgrounds.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position