News Reporter – Legal Journalism
£30,000 per annum + benefits
Law Business Research currently has a News Reporter vacancy on the Global Investigations Review desk, writing news to an audience of legal professionals worldwide. Use and develop your journalism skills within an international organisation working on a global scale. To apply please send your CV, cover letter, and writing samples via the link below.
Global Investigations Review
Founded two years ago, GIR is one of our newer publications and runs off the same successful format used for its sister brands. With daily news, features, surveys, benchmarking and more, GIR provides unparalleled market intelligence on everything investigations specialists need to know ranging from front-page-news agency investigations to in-depth analysis of the process of investigations.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for intellectually curious individuals who can research, report and write news, analysis, features and surveys. Relying on court documents, data, regulatory filings and source interviews to craft analytical and timely news stories, you’ll be expected to learn to write in a style and tone that cuts through jargon and spin to deliver accessible prose. Working collaboratively as part of a tight knit team, you will provide accurate and timely news content on a daily basis and contribute to larger research projects and produce interviews and features under the direction of the Editor.
- Minimum of a 2:1 degree from a leading university
- Postgraduate journalism degree or diploma
- Demonstrable interest in a career in journalism
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in B2B journalism role, other experience also desirable
- A confident user of Wordpress CMS
- Strong interest in current affairs, international business and legal reporting (with writing samples to hand)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to provide a deep analysis and insight for our readership, with the ability to find original angles in stories
- Possess an international outlook
- Legal knowledge is advantageous, but not mandatory
Please apply through the link on our careers page (click "apply online" below), sending your CV and cover letter, including links to your portfolio or writing samples, clearly explaining why you are a good fit for these requirements.
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.