About My Local News
My Local News currently has thirteen hyper local news magazines within the Watford area, My Abbots News, My Bushey News, My Chorleywood News, My Croxley News, My Garston News, My Kings News, My Northwood & Ruislip, My Pinner News, My Potters Bar News My Radlett, My Ricky News, My St Albans News and My Watford News. We deliver around 6-7,000 in each area, totally nearly 90,000 magazines, with a readership that exceeds 300,000.
We pride ourselves on delivering ALL the local news in its respective area and offering local business the opportunity to spread its message on its own doorstep. Our message is Keep The £ Local and it works well, residents read the magazine from cover to cover and advertisers are happy with the response. A win win!
We are now seeking to add a news reporter to the team.
Your responsibilities will be:
- To provide a satisfactory flow of accurate copy on time
- To represent the company effectively wherever and whenever necessary
- To provide support to the editorial team
- To write news and feature stories for all the magazines and online titles produced by the company
- To develop contacts within the community and know the names of prominent people within the area
- To become familiar with key news issues and running stories in the area you cover
- To bring in off-diary stories, identify picture ideas and present copy cleanly according to house style
- To assist in arranging photographic assignment
- To have knowledge of media law as it affects newspapers, of the PCC code of practice and the newspapers’ editorial policy
- To undertake all training as required by the company
- To dress smartly and ensure you represent the magazines in the best possible way to promote the credibility of the publications
- To monitor opposition publications in your area
- To meet deadlines
- To accurately maintain records, notebooks, information, training notes and any additional information that may be required.
- To attend weekly& monthly editorial team meeting.
- To attend council meetings for all the areas that we cover
- To consistently meet the requirements of the news desk and sub-editor/editor in producing good quality copy and meeting deadlines
- To consistently come up with original stories for the magazine and the website. This includes being responsible for self-organisation and follow up stories
- To be creative and to contribute to growth for all magazine titles
- Able to work to strict deadlines
- Strong work ethic as deadlines are tight
- Good news judgement
- Car and driving licence essential
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button