Are you a news hound with a passion for breaking exclusive stories? Are you interested in working for the fashion industry bible? If so, joining Drapers’ fast-paced news desk as a reporter could be the right role for you.
Now in its 131st year, Drapers is the UK’s market leading B2B publication for the fashion industry, with unparalleled authority in the sector. As well as our website and weekly print magazine, we run agenda-setting events, conferences and awards.
We are looking for someone with experience of daily business reporting, including generating exclusive news stories through your network of contacts. You will have strong news judgement and the ability to work accurately at speed.
You will also feel comfortable delving through company financials and interviewing high level chief executives.
As well as writing exclusive new stories, you will have the opportunity to contribute creative ideas to the wider Drapers brand, write features and comment pieces, add to Drapers' social media output, and regularly attend industry events.
This role will suit a reporter who is curious, ambitious and energetic – and who will fit with our social, collaborative culture.
If that sounds like you, please send your CV, salary expectations and a note about how your talent matches the task to email@example.com.
We are looking for someone with:
- Minimum of one year’s news reporting experience, preferably for a B2B title or newspaper
- BA/BSc or higher degree
- NCTJ qualification, or equivalent journalism training or experience
- Evidence of breaking exclusive off-diary news stories
- Digital skills such as video editing are a bonus
Core skills/competencies required:
- Passion for sourcing exclusive, off diary news stories
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to make contacts and build solid relationships with people in the sector
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position