So what will the role of a newsletters lead be? Our email newsletters have delivered record sign-ups and growth in the first quarter of this year - and now we are looking for an experienced journalist to help us build upon these foundations.
Our newsletters cover everything from politics and showbiz to the environment and coronavirus. Working with our engagement team across the Mirror, Daily Star, Express and OK!, you will strengthen our relationship with our newsletter audiences. Drawing upon data insights, you will lead on newsletter best practice and performance, support the newsroom with their newsletter sends, develop ideas for new newsletters, build and retain an engaged subscriber base and engage with our audiences.
We are looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content.
Please note this role will be predominantly home working with the potential for hub (office) connection depending on where they are based.
So who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers.
From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human.
Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Managing email newsletters for the Mirror, Daily Express, Daily Star and OK!, from concept to successful delivery.
- Growing our numbers of newsletter subscribers.
- Developing surveys to engage readers’ views and share the results in story and/or newsletter format
- Managing social media channels when required.
- Supporting the community team when required.
- Assisting our Google Showcase team when required.
- This team creates news panels, entertainment round-ups and more, which appear in Google News and Google Discover. (Full training will be provided.)
What are we looking for?
- Ideally, you will have NCTJ-accredited qualifications including news writing and media law
- You will need to be creative and energetic, with social media savvy and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Experience using email service providers, to develop and deliver email campaigns / newsletters would be advantageous
- Keen sense of what makes readers tick and how to inspire loyalty
- Experience of publishing via digital content management systems would be advantageous
- You will be comfortable working at pace and under deadline pressure
- You will also need to be flexible covering early and late shifts on a rota, including weekends
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health cash plan
- Free well-being apps and coaching support
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position