We are Immediate
Immediate Media is the special interest content and platform company. We own and operate some of the best-loved brands in the UK including Radio Times, BBC Good Food and BBC History. And we only focus on special interest markets, engaging more than 82 million passionate consumers globally each month, offering them world-class content and innovative new products and services.
We sum up our mission in three words: content, passion, engagement. Our focus is to help our audiences get the most out of the things they love, whatever they spend their time and energy on. Our people are as passionate about their subjects as our consumers. We are focused on growth across our business are constantly looking for new and exciting ways to innovate.
We pride ourselves on our open, collaborative and dynamic culture which encourages people to thrive, and give their best whilst being supported, developed and nurtured. As we care about our people, our environment and the impact we make, we have an active Diversity & Inclusion network, comprehensive well-being programmes, and clear sustainability strategies.
For us, it is really important to connect with our people, particularly as we are all remote right now. So, we have developed a programme of events, workshops and webinars with a rich and diverse mix of content to appeal to everyone.
About the role
We are on the hunt for a night editor to join our multi-award winning RadioTimes.com. You will join the RadioTimes.com management team as one of the key editors overseeing the website's output.
This role will involve working with the management team to prepare content at the end of the day shift and leading the site's coverage of prime time television into the next morning; focusing on reaction and the key updates that matter to a TV and entertainment audience while ensuring all our content is optimised for search, social and recirculation and engagement.
How you will do this:
- Work evening shifts (4.30pm to 12.30am, Sunday to Thursday) taking responsibility for all output on RadioTimes.com
- Cover prime time TV in the evening, writing stories independently, picking up trends, reaction and social buzz.
- Perform active optimisation on content published before and during the shift, including linking, backlinking, affiliate and engagement content.
- Ensure the website has a fresh homepage when people wake up in the UK, making it more of a destination for users to visit each day
- Schedule 'morning briefing' emails and communications at the end of each shift, so our users wake up to fresh news in their inbox every morning.
- Produce hand-over documents for morning news shift to ensure a smooth transition.
- Work with other senior editors to co-ordinate and support evening work patterns where shifts apply.
- Create engaging and relevant social media throughout the night.
- Work as part of the management team and audience development to develop new ideas and best practice to develop audience acquisition and engagement
- Experience of working in a senior role on a reputable digital publication
- Excellent news sense and understanding of the TV and entertainment market
- Great practical understanding of SEO, analytics and social media - and the importance of linking and metadata
- Great attention to detail and first-class writing skills
- Excellent understanding of media law and deformation
- Innovative mindset and ability to react quickly to emerging trends and breaking news
- Ability to work independently throughout the evening remotely from the rest of the team
We are committed to building a diverse group of talent with a broad range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities and will give full and fair consideration to all applicants.
We know that flexibility is key to success and our people work flexibly in many different ways, so if this is important to you please let us know.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which will help us understand how we are doing in our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate if you would take a few moments to complete this but if you would rather not that is fine too. Rest assured, we will treat your information confidentially.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position