MailOnline is the world’s largest English-language newspaper website with over 202 million monthly unique visitors. Our teams across the globe strive to provide our readers with engaging, fast and rolling news, 24/7, 365 days a year.
With over 600 staff worldwide, we continue to grow and require an enthusiastic and talented Night Production Editor to manage the digital uploading of the Daily Mail newspaper’s award-winning and agenda-setting print content on a nightly basis.
Reporting to the night editor, the role encompasses supervising a small team of reporters to manage the publication of Daily Mail newspaper content to the MailOnline website, in line with the high quality production and journalistic values of both brands.
Meticulous organisational skills are essential, together with the ability to write sparkling headlines and a keen eye for images. Experience of sub-editing, news gathering and managing a team is highly desirable.
The right candidate will also have an understanding of the pressures and processes of 24-hour digital news publisher and know how to balance editorial objectives in such a fast-paced environment.
- Work in tandem with the night news editor to supervise a small team of reporters
- Run a streamlined and efficient night production process, reporting to the night editor
- Write strong headlines and identify eye-catching images
- Create and edit content on the news page
- Assist the night news editor in identifying stories that will engage our readership by monitoring the wires and TweetDeck
- Help to develop and maintain the quality and output of 24-hour digital news operation
The above list is not exhaustive and constantly evolving, based on the needs of the business. Flexibility will be required at times to meet the demands of the wider rota.
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to Vacancies.UK@assocnews.co.uk
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position