Bloomberg News is looking for an oil markets reporter to join its energy team in Dubai.
A crucial element of our market-leading product is tracking ships and building cargo-flow histories to combine with the best breaking news around.
As well being able to report on a range of energy stories in the Middle East, we are seeking someone who can mix the analytic skills for tanker tracking with the journalistic flair to bring that work to life.
You are an experienced reporter with excellent writing skills, an eye for a good story and a can-do attitude.
You pay attention to detail and work well under tight deadlines.
You are at ease telling your stories on several platforms, whether it's breaking news for a professional audience, a blog post or being interviewed on TV.
We'll trust you to:
- Cover oil trading in the Middle East and North Africa
- Track ships and build carefully checked data sets on your findings
- Collaborate with other reporters and editors around the world
- Plan ahead for news events
- Be committed to the best journalist practices, sound judgment and willingness to lear
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of three years’ experience* reporting, preferably on oil markets
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Ability to write quickly and concisely on deadline
- Experience of working of data journalism would be a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential; Arabic or Farsi skills an advantage
If this sounds like you:
Click 'apply online' if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.