Hunger TV are looking for a fashion and beauty editor to bolster fashion and beauty content on the website, covering everything from breaking fashion news, to long form features to fashion week reports and new takes on beauty for the Hunger TV audience. We’re looking for someone with their finger on fashion’s fast moving pulse who can secure exclusive content and break news, but who also has a keen knowledge of pop culture and current affairs that will feed into their reporting. The role will involve representing Hunger at fashion events and fashion week in the UK and occasionally abroad. It will also involve some shoot production for online fashion and beauty shoots, so a base of contacts is a bonus. This is a position for someone with previous writing and reporting experience at a fashion magazine or similar publication or website.
· Previous experience in a similar role is essential, this is not an entry level position
· A strong knowledge of the fashion and beauty industry and pop culture and a passion for uncovering new talent at home and abroad
· Strong writing and editing skills. Photoshop skills are an added bonus, as is any production experience and previous experience using a CMS system
· An understanding of writing for the web and amplifying content on social media
· A good contact base within the fashion industry press. Photography and stylist contacts a bonus
· Experience of working with brands and knowledge of branded content
· A team player with the ability to multi-task and aid the team with more general features from time to time
· Excellent communication skills
· Creative flair with a keen eye for detail as you will be managing Hunger TV’s Young Blood photography section
· Willingness to contribute new creative ideas and formats that will work for digital
· Passion for keeping up with emerging trends and influencers in the fashion world
· Collaborative and able to take direction from both print and digital teams
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Your Name – Online Fashion Editor’ in the subject field, attaching a CV and cover letter.
Candidates unable to prove their right to work in the UK will not be shortlisted.
Please note we apologise in advance but we are unable to respond to every application due to the volume received. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.