Medianett is looking for a talented, dynamic and ambitious news reporter to join its busy online editorial team, based in central London.
Are you a journalism graduate, editorial assistant or news reporter who wants to start their career in journalism or eager to gain more experience producing and driving online news coverage for a leading financial B2B publisher? Then this might be the perfect opportunity.
This full-time role would suit someone who has a great work ethic, loves talking to people and is driven by uncovering stories and working as a team. You'll have impeccable time management, IT and interpersonal skills and able to source and write accurate and engaging news fit for online while under pressure of tight deadlines. You will also be eager to learn about the specialist property finance markets that we report on and build contacts with key industry figures.
You will be working across our three online news titles: Bridging & Commercial, Development Finance Today, and Specialist Banking, and writing about all aspects of specialist finance. This could include anything from how politics and the economy is affecting the financial landscape, the potential demise of retail, and the hurdles around affordable housing.
You will be responsible for writing daily news stories for our online publications and conducting interviews to secure regular exclusive news for our newsletters. You may be in the office gathering and writing news stories and conducting phone interviews one day, or be covering industry events and having face-to-face interviews the next.
- Lead searching and pitching news story and feature ideas to the editor;
- Writing clean and accurate copy fit for online, under pressure of tight deadlines;
- Uploading SEO-friendly content to our CMS and creating e-newsletters and email alerts;
- Transcribing interviews quickly and accurately;
- Peforming key administrative tasks, such as Google Analytics and email stats reports, managing and planning your own diary, auditing our news sites on a monthly basis for UX and creating most-read news reports for the editor;
- Updating the Editor regularly with the progress of your articles; and
- Actively promoting our news stories across our social media channels in an innovative and engaging way.
- NCTJ-qualified – shorthand is preferable. Media law is essential;
- Journalism/English degree or equivalent – although, an experienced reporter (over two years in the field) without a degree would be considered;
- Journalism experience is preferable, however we would consider talented journalism graduates;
- An interest in finance, property, the economy and politics;
- Thorough knowledge of IT and experience using a CMS;
- A positive attitude, solution-driven and willingness to learn;
- Excellent time managing skills; and
- Team player.
Hours will be 8:30am-5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Salary is £21,000 - £26,000 DOE.
You would be working as part of an editorial team of five, with the real ability to progress further in the group structure based on performance and the desire to excel.
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Company events & social hours
Does this sound like you? Please get in touch!
Bridging & Commercial, Development Finance Today and Specialist Banking
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position