The Reporter and the team
We are hiring a Reporter to join the online editorial team behind our Citywire Money and Investment Trust Insider websites. You will join a very friendly and lively team who work literally shoulder to shoulder.
Citywire Money serves private investors with all the information and news they need to invest in funds for their ISAs and pensions. Investment Trust Insider, our newest website launched this year, serves private and professional investors with news and analysis on the UK’s unique £155 billion investment company sector.
The team is highly collaborative within itself and with the other talent and resources Citywire has available. It is also outwardly competitive, working passionately to break news ahead of rivals, land scoops that will turn heads and stick closely to worthwhile stories. Successful Citywire Money journalists have joined with both experienced backgrounds and with much more raw abilities. It is important everyone is open to new ideas and willing to do the mundane tasks as well as the most exciting.
When you join us…
- You will have a proactive input on Investment Trust Insider, our newest website launched this year.
- Breaking the biggest news stories and writing compelling features whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Interview fund managers online about their funds and investments
- You’ll build and maintain a strong network of contacts, write quickly, clearly and generate ideas for the websites.
- You will write analytical, in-depth features on investment funds and stock markets.
What you’ll need:
- An understanding and interest in financial markets and investing;
- Ability to have your own input and “think like an investor” attitude
- Ability to write clear, concise copy to tight daily deadlines;
- Relevant experience on online news reporting, especially related to finance.
Citywire will offer you:
- 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years’ service followed by 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays,
- Private pension scheme
- Access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised gym membership,
- Ride2work bike scheme and annual ticket travel card loans for your travel to and from work.
After two years continuous service you will also have access to private health and dental care insurance, group income protection, critical illness cover and group life assurance.
On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs workout sessions during lunchtime twice a week in the park, a masseuse who visits every month, as well as freshly ground coffee, fruit, breakfast and nuts to help yourself to daily.
We are an inclusive organisation and actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential.