You will work under the direction of a programme editor to create and shape our news coverage writing scripts, cutting pictures, finding guests, developing graphics and other work as required. Your mission will be to produce original and market-leading news output while ensuring TRT World's editorial guidelines and values are adhered to. Though your main role will be to produce news for TRT World's television news channel, you will embrace the full range of content delivery platforms including online and aim to develop cross-platform working practices and ideas wherever possible.
- Working under the direction of a programme editor to produce distinctive and stylish coverage for a segment of TRT World's programming.
- Writing scripts for on-air talent, cutting pictures using a newsroom production system, finding guests, commissioning and writing graphics and other task as required.
- Ensuring TRT World's editorial guidelines and values are adhered to.
- Working with producers within your team and across the newsroom, as well as with the news desk and online, to cultivate a collaborative approach to newsgathering and delivery across the channel.
Key skills, experience and education
- University degree in media/digital media/communication.
- Experience in television news, including television news production.
- An excellent journalist with strong editorial judgment.
- Previous experience in a national or international broadcast news channel.
- Experience of newsroom production systems and desktop editing.
- Experience of or appreciation of the benefits and difficulties of cross-platform working.
- Evidence of a broad range of journalistic interests including social affairs, international politics, public policy, world business and economic affairs, Sciences and the Arts.
- Excellent writing skills for television news.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Minimum of three years' experience required.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position