It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for an experienced overnight reporter to join us, working across our regional titles which include Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, My London, BirminghamLive and Wales Online.
As an overnight reporter, you will be part of an overnight team working to ensure Reach's regional news brands throughout the UK and Ireland are always 'live'. So no matter the time, we will have the coverage. Working for some of the biggest regional brands in the business, this is a brilliant opportunity for the right candidate.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please don't delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Be an integral part of a team tasked with covering live local, national and international news overnight
- Ensure that our sites and social media channels have compelling, fresh and engaging content in line with audience data and trends
- Ensuring a high level of digital publishing and production best practice standards, delivered in a way which meets audience targets across multiple platforms
- Ensure IPSO standards are met at all times, and every piece of content is legally sound
- Find and tell stories about local communities which engages as many readers as possible, or stories which will be of interest to local communities
- Build communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engaged with readers about those stories
- Tell stories in many different ways, including (but not limited to) real-time live blogs, article format, video, audio and pictures
- Act up or cover in other roles as and when required by the business
- Uphold Reach's policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non discrimination are upheld in everything we publish.
The ideal candidate
- Will have a good understanding of SEO, search, social and digital audience behaviour
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification but will consider candidates working towards NCTJ or equivalent qualification
- Proven digital skills including experience of using a content management system
- Thrive in a live news situation, with the ability to make the right decision quickly
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- Strong track record in telling stories, accurately, which engage large audiences
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free well-being apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position