Pilot is the best-selling and most respected flying magazine in the UK; it is also seen as one of the world's foremost aviation titles. We have an opportunity for an Assistant Editor who very broadly will be involved in research, subbing and verifying of both print and digital content.
Wider duties include reporting on aviation events, producing still and video imagery and taking part in social media activity associated with the Pilot brand.
It is also imperative that you have strong knowledge of the aviation world and appreciate the challenges and issues that are important to our readers. Technically you need to be able to verify submitted content from freelance contributors ensuring it’s factually correct. The chosen candidate will also have great ideas for the magazine to take it on to further success.
This part time role is working 22.5 hours and we are flexible in our approach as to when these hours are worked. You will be based in our offices in Wokingham with the wider team that produce this magazine. Our ideal is for someone who is keen to progress to a more senior editorial role in the future and is keen to get a good grounding with full support in the culture of specialist magazine editorial.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong aviation knowledge
- Previous editorial experience – subbing, research, proofing
- Great ideas for content
- High standards of writing and English
- Ability to picture research, capture & credit
- Strong organisation skills - always able to meet deadlines
Salary, bonus and benefits
- Salary for 22.5 hours per week £18,000
- Rising to £19k on completion of probation
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays (pro rata)
- Annual volunteer day
- Free weekly & monthly publications
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Please note that if you have not been invited in for an interview within two weeks of your application, then you can assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful.
We reserve the right to change the closing date at any time during the recruitment process, so please apply asap as we will be dealing with applications as soon as they arrive.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position