GlobalData is one of the fastest-growing data and analytics companies on the London Stock Exchange. Our growth is a direct result of our investment in people, products and platforms.
Our Business Intelligence division produces more than 15,000 reports, briefings, forecasts and data books each year. Our coverage spans 42 sectors, 500,000 companies and 80 countries. Our Intelligence Centres offer constantly updated data, analysis and tools that slot seamlessly into the workflow of our customers to help them de-code the future. GlobalData also runs a portfolio of industry-leading websites and magazines, an international events business, and a technology-driven marketing solutions offering.
As pharma and healthcare sector editor you will lead GlobalData's healthcare editorial team towards our ambition of becoming the leading business news and information provider in our sectors.
You will lead our site editors of https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com, https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com, https://www.medicaldevice-network.com and https://www.hospitalmanagement.net. You will be responsible for healthcare-related activities on associated digital properties and will support the healthcare related events of our events business.
The business is accelerating its growth, as we transition to a business that brings together the best blend of journalism, data and technology.
We use data to inform our journalism and we expect you to plan and execute a combined editorial and data strategy, in alignment with our overall strategy
We are looking for someone with not only storytelling and editing experience but also the skills to conceive data projects that blend the best of data and editorial, with the ability to keep projects on track
You will assign and edit news and features, plan in-depth projects and drive a calendar of data and research initiatives - in collaboration with the data and analytics team - that enable you to analyse the world around you and tell cutting-edge stories based on that data
You will also work closely with the commercial teams to identify commercial opportunities, and define and agree how the content team can support commercial priorities
You will collaborate on projects with the data and analyst teams and with the events team
You will lead and develop members of your editorial team to ensure career development and performance in line with our goals and priorities
We do not want you to be purely internally focused. We want you to be out participating in events (both ours and others), meeting and engaging with leaders across the sector and representing GlobalData healthcare on broadcast media.
This is a perfect opportunity for an experienced healthcare editor to take ownership of our healthcare sector. You will have the opportunity to build and shape a team as we invest in one of the most important sectors for our business.
If you are passionate about the sector, building digital communities, managing teams of journalists and collaborating with commercial colleagues then this is the role for you.
What we are looking for
- 10-12+ years' experience in B2B journalism roles
- Minimum three years' senior editor experience in the pharma or clinical trials sectors
- Strong journalism background with previous experience in a senior digital editorial position
- A robust network of senior contacts and a deep understanding of the sector culture, preferably of a global nature
- Excellent writing and proofing skills, and the ability to spot good writing
- Experience in writing data- and research-based content
- Management experience, particularly in team motivation, oversight and the training of your team
- Previous track record of delivering editorial content to set deadlines and experience in working with internal teams to achieve company-wide goals and targets
Nice to have:
- Experience moderating and presenting at events
- Experience of working with and directing data scientists and research analysts in order to drive thought-provoking and industry-leading analysis
Internal recruitment consultant
John Carpenter House
7 Carmelite Street
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position