TechRadar’s camera and photography coverage has been at the forefront of its technology coverage for years, and now includes a great blend of news, how-to content, reviews and buying guides on the greatest photography equipment around and the best accessories to go with them. It’s the place where everyone, from the enthusiast to the dabbler, can come to get all the information they need to make the right purchase and use the technology they’ve bought.
Job summary & purpose:
TechRadar’s cameras editor needs to be someone who can see in-between the reader’s needs. To be able to tell what they would like to read and do it better than anyone else on the web… taking in the right amount of knowledge to give authority in reviews without getting caught in pointless details. We need someone who can have a clear view of the whole photography industry and know what to recommend and when – tailoring advice depending on the time of year and what people will be looking for.
Key role responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will be tasked with growing the cameras coverage on TechRadar, delivering the best-in-class reviews, conducting interviews and writing features that help people understand how to use their next camera and which they should buy, and maintaining the vast current suite of content we currently house.
The job will be split between discovering and delivering great new stories around the cameras channel, and updating and enhancing the current crop of buying guides to ensure they are both relevant to the reader and easily found through social, SEO or direct traffic means.
Essential skills and experience:
- An in-depth knowledge of the camera and photography market.
- Experience developing a channel on a large-scale website.
- An inquisitive mind, looking to enhance and develop buying guides and reviews.
- A keen eye on how to balance an article – delivering authority alongside brevity to entertain the reader while delivering concise information.
- Experience managing freelancers and monthly budget management.
- Ability to review succinctly and develop a system to help users know which model to buy through strong recommendations.
- A desire to develop and grow the camera channel using innovative ideas and keeping abreast of industry developments and trends.
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.
We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join!
Future is the name behind market-leading brands in specialist sectors across technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, hobbies, knowledge and home interest.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position