CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its English channel, and its digital media platforms were launched on December 31, 2016.
CGTN’s aim is to provide objective, balanced, and impartial news and current affairs content, reporting the news from a Chinese perspective. We aim to differentiate ourselves from leading Western media organization by pursuing a larger international vision; focusing on nations, regions, and stories often ignored by western media.
We are shortly opening up a London office at Chiswick Park to house a well-staffed, digital and television hub producing news, online, and other content to feed into our global English language platforms.
We are now seeking a Planning Producer to join the new team in London.
A successful candidate will:
- Be a creative programme editor responsible for all aspects of planning for a new innovative daily Business show produced in London for CGTN Europe.
- Report to the Executive Producer Business News CGTN Europe.
- Research, develop and organize future stories; looking ahead for opportunities on a weekly and monthly basis as well as planning special event coverage.
- Work in conjunction with producers, reporters and Assignments Desk staff.
- Constantly track correspondent assignments, shooting and delivery schedules.
- Collaborate with other production centres – Beijing, Washington D.C., Nairobi – across the CGTN Network to co-ordinate the global planning of business news stories targeted at a non-specialist, global general audience.
With extensive experience in live television, preferably at an international news network, you will possess a clear understanding of digital newsgathering and news production, including editorial, logistical and operational techniques.
You will also have:
- Strong interest in business and economic matters, current affairs and foreign events
- Proven self-starter who demonstrates initiative.
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please click the "apply online" button below.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position