Podcast audience producer
The Economist was founded as a print newspaper in 1843, but today our analysis reaches over 40m people through digital media. Our podcast audience alone is 8m monthly downloads. More people than ever discover us for the first time on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or through a video or podcast.
Economist Radio’s eight producers make around 10 podcasts per week, drawing on the reporting and knowledge of our global network of correspondents. We launched our new flagship current-affairs show, The Intelligence, in January 2019. We are revamping our successful features shows as well as producing big occasional series in partnerships.
The team now needs someone to focus on sharing our podcasts in the right places online and to think strategically about how to grow their audiences. The role requires someone with experience in podcasting, as a producer or on social media. Experience in audience development for a podcast is an advantage.
The work ranges from creating content about our podcasts for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, to more active audience engagement and development. This might include working with our podcast partners and building online communities of listeners.
Are you eager to shape The Economist’s presence in podcasts?
If you answer yes, we’d like to hear from you. Send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- CV and cover letter
- A 'portfolio' document containing a 400-word pitch for how we could build more audience around our podcasts, and a set of three tweets about a episode from one of our podcasts
This is a one-year contract. The salary depends on your experience. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. The deadline for applications is midnight GMT Tuesday, March 26th 2019.
- Experience of working with radio/podcasts and producers
- Experience in producing content for social media and digital platforms
- Sharp attention to detail
- Evidence of successful collaboration with colleagues
- An understanding of The Economist’s values, tone and audience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially
- Photoshop and Premiere
- Awareness of what different publishers are doing on social media
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position