Purpose of the role
We are looking for a talented political reporter to join the team of PoliticsHome and The House. Reporting directly to the editor-in-chief.
The ideal candidate will be a tenacious journalist who has a track record of impactful original journalism, and a clear ability to present online news in a distinctive and original fashion. We do not want to follow the herd or churn commodity news: You must break stories that set the agenda.
What we are looking for
At least two years of experience at a professional news organisation, a deep understanding of British politics, excellent news judgement, the ability to work accurately under pressure, and a clear plan in terms of the subject areas to cover.
To be successful, you will:
- Break stories that have impact.
- Use social media to tell stories and lead the online conversation.
- Contribute to coverage of live events and breaking news as required.
- Embrace new and innovative ways to tell stories on the internet.
What we offer in return:
- Based in The Shard.
- 25 days' annual leave, plus Bank Holidays.
- Death in service benefit.
- Corporate gym membership discount.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Benefits discount portal (savings on retail).
- Exclusive Shard member discounts.
- Government workplace pension scheme,
- Virtual GP and an Employee Assistance Programme
- Well-being activities, such as yoga, mindfulness
- Opportunity to sign up to the training events Dods deliver to the external market.
- Charles Dods Monthly Employee Awards.
- Employee referral scheme.
- Social activities and games area.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your desired salary or click "Apply Online" to complete your application.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position