Type of contract: Fixed-term contract which may be converted into a permanent contract after three years subject to individual performance and organisational needs
Working time: Full-time
Place of work: Frankfurt, Germany
Closing date for applications: Monday, 19 November 2018
You will be part of the Web and Digital Division in the Directorate General Communications. The Directorate General has a team of around 200 staff who help to make the ECB more accessible and ensure it communicates effectively. We aim to build trust in the ECB by improving the understanding of its work, including the work of the Single Supervisory Mechanism and European Systemic Risk Board.
The Web and Digital Division leads the development and implementation of the ECB’s digital communication strategy, which guides our outreach to diverse audiences on digital platforms. Our work includes generating and publishing content for the ECB’s digital channels; designing and developing its websites, which receive over 33 million visits annually; running its official social media accounts, which have sizeable, engaged and growing audiences; managing its visual communications, including multimedia and design; and analysing the impact of these activities in order to drive data-based decision-making across the Directorate General and the rest of the ECB.
We are currently seeking a Principal Communications Officer to lead our digital content team, which creates content for and analyses impact on all our digital platforms. In this multifaceted role, you will work closely with colleagues within the Directorate General, including the teams responsible for media and external relations, and with stakeholders in all business areas across the ECB.
To further enhance the diversity of our team, we particularly encourage applications from female candidates.
As a Principal Communications Officer you will:
- coordinate a team of digital content and data specialists in the planning, creation and analysis of relevant, impactful content about the ECB across all channels and platforms;
- play a leading role in the ongoing development and implementation of our strategy to increase understanding of the ECB via holistic, targeted and data-driven communication on digital channels;
- work closely with experts and management across the ECB to determine key messages, create targeted campaigns, evaluate success, and apply insights to future endeavours;
- supervise the ongoing development of digital analytics to inform data-driven communication decisions, including assessing available tools for their suitability at the ECB, keeping data protection requirements in mind;
- contribute to major digital communication projects, including website redesigns and relaunches, and the development and/or procurement of content management systems;
- foster the career development of team members.
This position offers you excellent opportunities to increase public understanding of the ECB among diverse audiences using your digital communication expertise and team-building skills. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
You will bring to this role:
- a master’s degree or equivalent (read more) in the field of communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, economics, international relations, business or public administration, political studies, or other relevant field;
- in addition to the above, relevant professional experience in the field of communications, including a sophisticated understanding of digital platform dynamics and impact measurements;
- demonstrated experience of coordinating the work of a team, particularly a content creation team;
- demonstrated experience of fostering a data-driven culture of continuous improvement, and familiarity with digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics;
- demonstrated expertise in stakeholder management and a track record of communicating complex issues simply;
- knowledge of finance, economics and/or central banking and financial supervision issues;
- excellent communication skills, including drafting and presentation of reports and analyses;
- a mastery-level command of English and an intermediate command of at least one other official language of the EU.
You engage collaboratively with others. You pursue team goals and learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You signal any need for change by explaining it and proposing alternative solutions. You analyse complex information effectively and can evaluate different views to arrive at solutions. You know and anticipate stakeholder needs. You are skilled at encouraging people to develop their abilities and are able to build up high-performing teams.
For additional information on this specific vacancy, you can speak to the hiring manager, Joellen Perry, on +49 (0)69 1344 17200 between 11:30 and 13:30 CET on Friday, 2 November and Monday, 5 November.
How to apply:
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
The recruitment process for this position may include a request for additional samples of prior relevant work and an online interview via WebEx at the pre-selection stage and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – an on-site written exercise, a presentation and interviews.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position