We are looking for a talented print audience and content editor (ACE) to work across our titles which include the Swindon Advertiser, the Wiltshire Times and the Gazette and Herald.
The successful candidate will manage and ensure the production of our newspapers, making sure they are of the best quality and reflect the high standards our readers expect.
Alongside the editor, the print ACE will lead the decision-making on what gets included in the papers and look to make the front pages as eye-catching as possible.
Key tasks include:
- To meet daily and weekly deadlines for print titles across your region
- Some shift work including occasional Sunday working and public holidays as part of a departmental rota
- To be aware of and understand the company policy relating to design and style and then ensure that policy is being met at all times
- Maintain high standards with copy, picture and headline layout in the newspapers
- Keep abreast of the legal implications of stories being produced in the newspapers
- Manage workloads and deadlines for each of the respective newspapers
- Work on a template system in our content management system Knowledge
- Design powerful, grabbing front pages for our titles using Indesign
- Work alongside other print ACEs in the region to cover sickness and holidays
Previous experience in a newspaper or magazine producing role is essential while local knowledge of the area is desirable. The role could possibly be remote working, with some days required in the office.
A generous salary is being offered for this important role for the right candidate. In addition, there is a raft of company benefits including five weeks of leave, excluding Bank Holidays.
The closing date is Friday 26 August but applications will be considered as they come in.
If this sounds like the job for you, please email a CV and covering letter detailing why you are the right person for the job.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position