Print editor, EJR-Quartz for ESA, Italy
Looking for new horizons? We looking for a print editor with excellent storytelling skills, able to present space topics in an accessible way. Join our editorial team working for the European Space Agency, in Italy.
The position is full-time for EJR-Quartz under contract to ESA, onsite at ESA’s Earth Observation Centre in Frascati, Italy, working within ESA’s Print Media and Merchandising Unit.
What you’ll be doing
ESA’s Print Media and Merchandising Unit is responsible for a catalogue of print and merchandising products to reach the general public. Reporting to the Head of the Print Unit, the Print Editor is responsible for writing and editorial all material for the products produced by the Unit, in mother-tongue English and in a style accessible to a general public audience. Tasks include:
- Writing and editing of all material required for ESA’s printed productions, in mother-tongue English
- Helping to grow the catalogue of print and non-digital media to be produced by ESA
- Overseeing creation and production of print publications from conception to distribution: managing the schedule and approvals, interfacing with authors and customers, editing/rewriting content, working closely with designers
- Checking text for ESAshop
- Ensuring that all material is in line with ESA editorial house style and processes
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills and proven experience in covering space/science topics for a general audience. They will also have a meticulous eye for detail and strong editorial skills. Requirements include:
- Mother-tongue English, with a minimum of 3 years’ writing/editing experience
- Excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Honours degree in journalism/communications, science or engineering
- Demonstrable skill in presenting scientific and technical subjects in a style accessible for general public
- Experience in following print products throughout the entire publishing cycle
- Experience with InDesign and similar tools
- Eligibility to work in Italy
You’ll be working within our EJR-Quartz service team, under contract to ESA. You’ll be based full-time on site at ESA’s Earth Observation Centre in Frascati, an attractive campus with excellent facilities, an easy commute from the centre of Rome.
This is an initial six-month contract with possibility of renewal, starting 4 February 2019. The contract is with EJR-Quartz srl, under Italian terms and conditions, so candidates must have an Italian work permit or be eligible to live and work in Italy.
Closing date: 13 January 2019
Find out more about us at: www.ejr-quartz.com
How to apply
If you think this is for you, tell us why you’d like to work with us. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: email@example.com
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position