Do you want to play a key role in steering the direction of Devon’s leading community papers?
We’re looking for an experienced journalist with sound news judgement to oversee the print production of the Exmouth Herald, Sidmouth Herald, Midweek Herald and North Devon Gazette.
Based in Exeter, you will be part of a bustling newsroom, working alongside the editor and group editor to decide on the content for each of our titles.
Whether it’s choosing the best photographs for a lively picture spread, shaping headlines which will attract our readers’ attention, or selecting what stories are worth appearing on a particular page, you will be extremely influential in these processes.
You will be working at pace in a pressurised newsroom environment and the need to be extremely organised and disciplined to be produce the numbers of pages you need each day to be ready for the weekly deadline is very important.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE / BE:
- Previous editorial experience
- News savvy
- Able to think quick & react quickly
- Able to create headlines under pressure
- Well organised & disciplined
- Deadline focussed
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Basic salary up to £26k
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give As You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Access to reductions in many retail stores throughout the UK – holidays, supermarkets, utility bills, clothing, household, 1000s of ££ savings
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if you have not been invited in for an interview within two weeks of the closing date, then you can assume on this occasion that your application has been unsuccessful.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position