Our mission is to tell the untold: digging deep to bring to our audience unreported issues and stories, as well as angles and context that are missed by other media.
We are looking for a full-time producer to join our team in Edinburgh. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a news agency based in the Scottish capital, where we will give an alternative perspective on global news.
- Producing radio shows
- Researching and arranging guest interviews
- Researching topics and preparing interview questions when needed
- Working in the field – attending press conferences, political events or protests, recording vox-pops, interviews
- Recording interviews and promptly providing audio and written versions of highlights for the radio and web teams.
- Pitching ideas for new projects, and assisting both the web team and radio team in their implementation.
- Maintaining and updating guest database
- Gather information for feature stories
- Reporting to the Bureau Chief on the status of the broadcast’s achievements and deficiencies regularly, and implementing company directives
Flexibility is critical to this position as the successful candidate may be required to work out with the normal working hours of 10am-6pm. The ability to work flexibly using a range of multi-media is paramount.
The Ideal Candidate
In addition to a strong understanding of UK politics and society, the candidate should also demonstrate innovative and creative approaches to bring Sputnik to a wider audience. Ideally he or she would have a background in media production and relevant experience for the role. In addition the candidate should possess the following:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant humanities subject
- Native or fluent English
- Other languages (optional)
- Well-developed IT skills
- Ability to utilise social media
- Right to work in the UK
How to apply
To apply please contact Johanna Ross (Executive Producer) on email@example.com or click the "apply online" button below