CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its English channel, and its digital media platforms were launched on December 31, 2016.
CGTN’s aim is to provide objective, balanced, and impartial news and current affairs content, reporting the news from a Chinese perspective. We aim to differentiate ourselves from leading Western media organization by pursuing a larger international vision; focusing on nations, regions, and stories often ignored by western media.
We are shortly opening up a London office at Chiswick Park to house a well-staffed, digital and television hub producing news, online, and other content to feed into our global English language platforms.
We are now seeking a Producer to join the new team in London.
A successful candidate will:
- Be creative in developing strong content for a daily business programme aimed at general interest viewers in the UK, Europe, and globally.
- Report to the Executive Producer Business News CGTN Europe.
- Develop new and dynamic segments on Europe/Asia economic, financial, trade and investment issues with a special focus on China.
- Assist in daily program production and workflow, working with a team of anchors, producers, reporters, writers, guest bookers and control room/technical staff.
- Have strong television writing and editing skills.
- Work closely with Planning & Assignment Producers on both daily and long-term commissioning a variety of stories across Europe and the Middle East in consultation with the Intake team.
With experience in broadcast journalism, in live television, preferably at an international news network, you will have knowledge of the global economy, business trends, current affairs, geopolitics and international relations, especially Europe and Asia.
You will also have:
- Video edit proficiency with Avid. Adobe, FCP software a plus
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please click the "apply online" button below.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position