CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its English channel, and its digital media platforms were launched on December 31, 2016.
CGTN’s aim is to provide objective, balanced, and impartial news and current affairs content, reporting the news from a Chinese perspective. We aim to differentiate ourselves from leading Western media organization by pursuing a larger international vision; focusing on nations, regions, and stories often ignored by western media.
We are shortly opening up a London office at Chiswick Park to house a well-staffed, digital and television hub producing news, online, and other content to feed into our global English language platforms.
We are now seeking a Producer/Programme Editor to join the new team in London.
A successful candidate will:
- Be the hands-on producer and programme editor for a weekly Talk Show for CGTN Europe.
- Working on a daily basis to the Executive Producer Talks.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of program production – including line producing, writing, run-down, logistics and workflow, working with a small team including on air talent, guest bookers and technical staff.
- Be a creative individual able to assist in developing original thinking and creative approaches in launching new talk programming.
- Have a strong network of contacts to draw upon in the UK and Europe in economics, politics, and cultural affairs.
- Have a strong command of UK and European economic, political, social, and cultural issues from which to develop creative programme ideas.
- Initiate and implement original segment ideas across a wide-range of subjects for broad audience appeal.
- Demonstrate creativity and originality in studio production.
- Be prepared to “line” the show from state-of-the-art studios in London or from remote locations as circumstances require.
- Partner with the Online team to develop digital content extensions to linear programming.
With experience in broadcast journalism, you will have an extensive knowledge of economics, current events, geopolitics, international relations, arts, culture and history.
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please click the "apply online" button below.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position