CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its English channel, and its digital media platforms were launched on December 31, 2016.
CGTN’s aim is to provide objective, balanced, and impartial news and current affairs content, reporting the news from a Chinese perspective. We aim to differentiate ourselves from leading Western media organization by pursuing a larger international vision; focusing on nations, regions, and stories often ignored by western media.
We are shortly opening up a London office at Chiswick Park to house a well-staffed, digital and television hub producing news, online, and other content to feed into our global English language platforms.
We are now seeking a Producer/Writer to join the new team in London.
A successful candidate will:
- Be a hands-on show producer to take to air a new, innovative, weekly Talk Show
- Demonstrate creativity to develop an engaging television program that would seek to profile newsmakers, entrepreneurs, European decision makers and discuss a wide range of social and current affairs issues.
- Report to the Executive Producer for Talk Programming.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of program production - writing, line-up, logistics and workflow, working with a small team of team including talent, guest bookers and technical staff.
- Initiate and implement original segment ideas across a wide-range of subjects for broad audience appeal.
- Demonstrate creativity and originality in studio production.
- Partner with the Online team to develop digital content extensions to linear programming.
With experience in broadcast journalism, you will have an extensive knowledge of economics, current events, geopolitics, international relations, arts, culture and history.
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please click the "apply online" button below.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position