Are you a highly organised online / print sub-editor, who is looking for a new challenge, with a great eye for copy, management skills and a real desire to create interesting ways to deliver information to readers?
Would you like to be part of a growing team that supports the business to deliver the best content through b2b publications, websites and events?
This is an exciting time to join the business, as having just launched a digital offering you can be part of its early success.
Newtrade is a small but ambitious company producing market-leading titles, events and digital content in the independent convenience and foodservice markets.
Our mission is to develop long-term relationships with the future stars of retail and their suppliers and our production team forms an important part of this.
About the role
Your role is to assist the production / design team to deliver accurate, informative and visually exciting content to our growing audience across the independent retail channel.
You will manage two sub editors and ensure all content accurately reflects the audience and strategy.
- to sub-edit and check copy for accuracy, style and grammar, ensuring that content adheres to style guides
- to manage the work flow through your team and ensure deadlines are hit
- to cut and rewrite copy where necessary, proof read pages and input corrections
- prioritise key tasks and hit deadlines
- to help grow the reach of the online content, maximising SEO
- to repurpose content for different streams to maximise the effect of messages
- to layout pages in InDesign and use the content management system to update online offerings
- to use images effectively
- to structure 121’s and quarterly reviews with your team and guide them with their targets
- to create development plans and push your team towards achievement of business goals
- to suggest improvements to processes and implement efficient methods of working
You will be confident in managing and supporting your team, with the ability to manage effective workflows ensuring timely publishing of articles and be proactive in delivering high-quality content in time-sensitive environments.
The ideal candidate will have experience using InDesign for print publications and a CMS for online. You will be dependable and have great organisational skills to help the business deliver solutions that guarantee a return on investment for our customers.
You will be able to communicate information across teams within the business and ensure the consistency of our brands across all streams. You will also be enthusiastic in identifying future opportunities for online presence.
You are team focused, taking ownership and pride in your work within the team.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- experience using InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Office
- experience in using a content management system
- experience in providing timely and accurate content
- excellent time management skills
- organised, with a great eye for detail
- ability to interact at various organisational levels
- a good eye for photography and an understanding of how images support news and features
If you enjoy a versatile workload and have the ability to proactively spot problems, find solutions and support, then apply by clicking the 'apply online' button below.