Borderlex.eu is a rapidly growing specialist online magazine covering international and European trade policy, including post Brexit trade agreements.
We are looking for a native English language proof reader and SEO-aware subeditor
You would run the production process in our back office on WordPress.
- Edit ca. two articles of ca 700-1300 words per day
- Upload on our WordPress website
- Create suitable titles and subtitles
- Find and upload appropriate news and/or stock pictures for articles
- Write SEO
- Categorise articles, tags
- Send out e-mail alerts to our readers once article read
- Regularly amend and update our style guide
- Generally make us better than we are on proofreading, style and impact on the web and social media
Our audience is B2B: government, law, and business. We are a niche no-nonsense high-quality and high-impact publication.
We require availability from ca 16.00 to 19.00 GMT or 17.00-20.00 CET Tuesday to Thursday. More flexible times on other days of week.
Time commitment ca 8-10 hours of work per week.
Our preferred candidate would be:
- of course perfect at English, proofreading, attentive to detail
- fluent in WordPress; SEO & online marketing-impact-aware
- pro-active, committed to propose and implement improvements to our production processes
- experience with regulatory or economics publications
- knowledge or meaningful exposure to international trade policy
- knowledge of how the European Union works
- have an eye for detail
- an eye for stories and hidden gems in stories
- ideally located in Europe (London, Brussels, Paris or Geneva) and working with British English
We are looking above all for a good person to work with, to whom we entrust our website. If you have other skills - such as social media and communications or are good at international and European regulatory and economic policy news reporting, we are open to discussing a broader job package and to grow your role in the business over time.
We offer a flexible work environment. We would prefer you to be based in or near Brussels, London, Paris or Geneva. Work is remote, with frequent meetings with the editor.
Send CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Selected candidates will be asked to take a one-hour test before taking an interview.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position