Social Media focused Producer for a current affairs series
Going Underground the UK focused flagship current affairs series on RT UK is looking for a London based producer with a focus on social media. Must be proficient in all aspects of social media with an understanding of how to build the brand. The series broadcasts 3 times a week to both a UK and international audience.
- Manage Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram pages
- Tweet soundbites and promote interviews
- Retweet content relevant to the show
- Write descriptions and titles of the show for YouTube/Facebook
- Other elements to the role include helping the interview producer book guests for the series and help out producers with on-location shoots/interview briefs/packages
Skills & experience:
- On the pulse with all social media platforms and current social trends
- Great editorial judgement, strong writing and communication skills and the ability to work both on their own and as part of a team
- Familiarity with the RT brand and its ‘Question More’ approach
- Dynamic, energetic and required to produce news and current affairs content to extremely tight deadlines
- Education to degree level, a background in working for TV, newspaper or online journalism projects are desirable together with an in-depth knowledge of politics, history and culture of both the UK and the rest of the world with the right to work in the UK
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with PROGRAMME PRODUCER - SOCIAL MEDIA in the subject line.
RT is an English language 24 hour TV news channel broadcasting from Moscow, Washington D.C and London. The channel brings an alternative news agenda to an audience of more than 600 million people around the globe delivering stories often missed by the mainstream media to create news with an edge.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position