We are looking for a regional audience & content editor for Newsquest Wiltshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks & Berks and Midlands South to help take our soaring web traffic to the next level.
This is a very exciting opportunity to make a big difference by helping to drive audience growth and engagement across our websites and social media platforms in those regions.
You will be an experienced reporter/news editor with exceptional digital skills looking for the next step in your career.
We need you:
- To drive audience growth and engagement across websites and social media platforms by embedding best practice within our newsrooms.
- To help embed best practice for social media, including training for new staff, and helping to create social media schedules that maximise traffic and engagement.
- To help newsrooms develop new ways of telling stories, optimising existing stories with visualisations for example, and new ways of distributing stories.
- To work with newsrooms to develop a forward plan for SEO content around big events and local search trends.
- To help embed a breaking news web first mentality, including helping to train new starters in what’s possible and what’s expected.
- To closely monitor audience analytics and use data to suggest follow-ups and investigations etc.
- To work closely with news desks and all editorial staff to ensure the websites are maintained at the highest quality.
- To ensure all titles are leading on all breaking news and ahead of all competitors across all platforms.
Sounds like a fantastic job for you? Then please don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity and send your application to Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org by February 7th.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position