We are looking for a regional audience and content editor for Newsquest Cumbria to help take our soaring web traffic at our award-winning titles such as The Mail and News & Star to the next level.
This is a very exciting opportunity to make a big difference by helping to drive audience growth and engagement across our websites and social media platforms in those regions.
You will be an experienced reporter/news editor with exceptional digital skills looking for the next step in your career.
We need you:
- To drive audience growth and engagement across websites and social media platforms by embedding best practice within our newsrooms
- To help embed best practice for social media, including training for new staff, and helping to create social media schedules that maximise traffic and engagement
- To help newsrooms develop new ways of telling stories, optimising existing stories with visualisations for example, and new ways of distributing stories
- To work with newsrooms to develop a forward plan for SEO content around big events and local search trends
- To help embed a breaking news web first mentality, including helping to train new starters in what’s possible and what’s expected
- To closely monitor audience analytics and use data to suggest follow-ups and investigations etc
- To work closely with news desks and all editorial staff to ensure the websites are maintained at the highest quality
- To ensure all titles are leading on all breaking news and ahead of all competitors across all platforms
Sounds like a fantastic job for you? Then please do not miss out on this exciting opportunity and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 October.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position