This an opportunity to reach an audience of millions across national TV, radio, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Forces.net and other platforms.
Working from home our South West reporter needs to plan and film stories that will feature across those platforms.
There’s a huge opportunity to travel. In the last year our regional reporters went to Canada, the Middle East, the Caribbean, Uganda and Estonia among 30 countries we visited. There is also a big chance shine in a nimble organisation where talent is rewarded.
Our South West Reporter will need:
- Reporting or strong producing experience.
- An awareness of the biggest stories and issues facing the military. Plus, an enthusiasm for jargon busting.
- Good technical (video editing) skills.
- A journalism qualification and the excellent English you would expect with that.
- The ability to build relationships and understand the military.
You’ll need to have:
- An NCTJ qualification or appropriate experience.
- Excellent video shooting and editing skills
- Strong writing skills.
- A positive attitude and self-starter mindset
- A creative eye with great attention to detail
- Be engaged with social media.
There will be UK travel including overnights and, sometimes, weekend working.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position