It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for an experienced senior news reporter to join ChronicleLive as part of our network of Live brands, covering the Tyneside area.
This role exists to find and report on the stories and issues which matter to our readers in and around Newcastle in a way which ensures as many people as possible discover, engage with and respond to our work, helping us to have a positive impact on the local communities we serve.
This role will be based partly from home and partly from our hub office in Newcastle. Due to the nature of the position this candidate will need to live in the Tyneside area.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Find and tell stories about Tyneside's communities which engage as many readers as possible, or stories which will be of interest to local communities
- Build communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engaged with readers about those stories
- Tell stories in many different ways, including (but not limited to) real-time live blogs, article format, video, audio and pictures
- Ensure every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication, in accordance with the Editor's Code of Practice
- Act up or cover in other roles as and when required by the business
- Uphold Reach's policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non discrimination are upheld in everything we publish
What are we looking for?
- Digital publishing skills - working a CMS, shooting video, taking pictures
- Social media skills - following on social media, track record of building communities on social media
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- A valid UK driving licence
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification including 100wpm shorthand
- Strong track record in telling stories, accurately, which engage large audiences
- Proven track record for digital storytelling
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Share save scheme
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position