This is a new role for a commercially aware reporter/editor to take the lead on Legal Week/ALM’s ambitious new project for lawyers working within the biggest international organisations.
Global Leaders in Law (GLL) brings together independent editorial coverage from ALM’s network in the US and London with expert insight from the in-house legal community.
Working closely with ALM editors as well as the founder of the Global Leaders in Law forum series, this is a role for a reporter with around four years’ experience seeking to take on more editorial responsibility.
The focus is very much on writing interviews, analysis and commentary, with an expectation to help grow GLL’s worldwide readership into a thriving community through insight that cannot be found elsewhere. Please note that this is a more commercial facing role than standard reporting roles. You will work alongside Legal Week’s editorial team in London.
- Write a weekly email newsletter rounding up the latest issues facing lawyers working inside leading FTSE 100/Fortune 500/Global 500 companies . This will include highlighting stories covered by ALM titles and external publications
- Update GLL’s website with the latest relevant stories from across the ALM network
- Interview GCs and write profiles about the issues keeping them up at night
- Write and commission a series of practical analysis pieces for GCs
- Liaise with the ALM Intelligence team to help with research projects and subsequently cover them for the network.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the in-house legal profession and become an ambassador for GLL, attending GLL dinners and training. Report on some of these events.
- General understanding of the commercial legal market would be a bonus.
- Solid understanding of business and the City is a must. Over time you will need to develop a well-honed knowledge of the in-house legal market
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience of commentary writing
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Ability to build and manage senior legal industry contacts
- A good work ethic
- The role would be suitable for a reporter with around four years’ experience seeking to take on more editorial responsibilities
- Degree-level education plus a post-graduate qualification in journalism
How to apply
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below