We are looking for a new GFI reporter to join Citywire's highly motivated and fast-paced editorial team in our London-based team. Reporting to the editor of Citywire Selector, the reporter will be someone able to source and supply timely news specifically about the global financial institutions that make up a key part of our investor audience.
Citywire is a leading global provider of independent intelligence and insight about asset management. Our events, news, technology and analysis inform asset managers, investors and intermediaries around the world about the changing shape of a $75 trillion industry that channels the investments of millions of individuals, businesses and institutions.
We are looking for an individual who is resourceful, communicative and able to meet tight deadlines with relevant, timely and eye-catching copy.
As a GFI Reporter, you will sit within our Citywire Selector editorial team and contribute to our online daily news service as well as to dedicated, highly focused regular newsletters.
This will involve clear and consistent co-ordination with the team, as well as being able to develop and maintain contacts throughout the world of global investment and private banking.
The role will require you to:
- Produce relevant, compelling content for professional investors in global private banks, working to deadlines and coordinating with our design and production teams
- Grow a contact book of key people in global private banks worldwide
- Coordinate with the wider team to make best use of our content from around the world, while deepening existing relationships in the GFI world
- Cover a wide array of asset classes such as bonds, equities and alternatives as well as getting inside stories on how your contacts run their businesses globally
Job specific skills/technical skills
- At least two years' experience chasing news and breaking stories
- An existing understanding and knowledge of finance and its core functions, as well as being eager to build your expertise in a specialist investment area
- Language skills would be an advantage but not a prerequisite.
- A good grasp of numbers and basic maths, leading to an ability to grapple with financial statements when in post
Who we are
Having a common set of values sets the tone of everything we do and how we do it. These values should feel intuitive and natural - conversely not supporting these values is a serious problem!
Honesty, integrity, fairness and respect are four core values. We can and should disagree with one another, in the interests of getting the right answer. Arguments for truth, not ego. We should always focus on sustainability at every level of the company.
Excelling at your job will contribute to high performance at Citywire. You should have a continuous and constructive spoken dialogue with your manager about your performance, with particular reference to these behaviours: a positive approach; collaborating with colleagues; a make it happen attitude.
We offer a competitive salary and additional company benefits:
- 25 days' holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years' service followed by 30 days after five years' service) plus bank holidays
- Competitive private pension scheme
- Well-being: access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
- Well-being activities and subsidised gym options. We will help with your monthly costs
- Cycle-to-work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans
- Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12 months and make a National Insurance saving too
After two years' continuous service you will also have access to private health and dental care insurance, group income protection, critical illness cover and group life assurance.
On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs virtual workout sessions during lunchtime weekly.
Please do not miss our Youtube channel where we say a lot about us.
Please note all our benefits are based on a regular office operations situation. Some of them may not be applicable until the UK resumes normal business operations.
Pre-selected applicants will have to undertake two psychometrics tests.
Interviews will take place via Zoom/Teams.
Citywire is an equal opportunities employer.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position