Argus is an independent media organisation with 1,200 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 27 offices in the world's principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes. Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor.
What will you be doing?
The reporter will cover the crude and oil products market in India through price assessments, news coverage, maintaining and expanding the contact base, and attending conferences. He/she will also expand development of market coverage, alongside the existing editorial team.
The candidate should also possess good writing, numerical skills, plus basic computing skills. Fluency in a major Asian language in addition to English would be an advantage. A familiarity with global crude oil, oil products, petrochemicals, coal, freight and/or forward markets would be an advantage.
What we are looking for in you:
- Collect market prices and make assessments, adhering to rigorous compliance standards.
- Write market commentaries, news, analysis and market outlooks; develop graphs and charts within Excel to illustrate trends and analysis; communicate this information in a timely manner to management and subscribers.
- Contribute to presentations as directed by management.
- Develop and maintain rapport with key contacts, and liaise regularly with industry stakeholders (buyers, sellers, traders, brokers) to gain market intelligence.
- Develop new contacts within the market to aid with gathering prices and general market intelligence. Maintain existing databases and build new databases for designated products.
- Oversee methodology relevant to coverage, which includes timely communication of needed changes, additions or deletions. Provide subject-matter expertise to other Argus departments. Cover conferences and events (5-10 per cent of travel is expected).
What is in it for you:
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Flexible working model
- Group healthcare scheme
- 18 days' annual leave
- 8 days' casual leave
- Extensive internal and external training
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 9.00am to 6.00pm.
For more details about the company and to apply please make sure you send your CV and cover letter via our website.
By submitting your job application, you automatically acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data to the Company. Argus is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position