Job Title: Reporter/Senior Reporter – Steel Markets
Job type: Permanent
Location: London Head Office, Holborn
Reporting Relationship: Editor - Steel
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
Argus Steel Feedstocks is a rapidly-expanding daily report and online service covering the global markets for finished steel and steelmaking raw materials.
We are looking for an experienced market reporter/senior reporter to focus on the European steel markets. In this role, you will apply and develop your reporting skills across pricing, news and analysis, and play a key role in expanding the service’s coverage of European steel markets.
- Produce accurate price assessments and insightful market commentary for the European steel market.
- Forge new contacts in the European steel market.
- Support the expansion of European steel market coverage by proposing new price assessments and methodologies.
- Be rigorous in applying the methodology and internal compliance processes.
- Engage with the industry to ensure a close understanding of market developments through daily contact with traders, producers, consumers and other key market figures to build relationships and gather news and price information.
- Contribute high-quality and original news and analysis to the report and the online news service, following house style.
- Provide subject-matter expertise to other Argus Departments.
- Represent Argus at conferences, events and face-to-face meetings with market participants.
Skills and Experience
- A detailed understanding of the steel market dynamics is essential.
- Experience sourcing, developing and writing industry relevant news to deadline.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to network and build contacts with industry executives.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English, and strong numeracy skills.
- Qualified to at least degree level from a leading university.
- Demonstrable commitment to continuous learning and ability to demonstrate structured problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong co-ordination and time management skills with the ability to work well within a team.
- Demonstrable interest in global business and politics
- Self-motivated, able to use initiative and equipped with an inquisitive nature
About Argus Media
Argus is a leading energy and commodity price reporting agency providing data, news and insight as well as conference and consulting services. Companies in more than 140 countries around the world use Argus prices to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Half of Argus' 900 employees are commodity journalists who specialise in reporting news and price information relating to physical energy and related commodity markets. They operate according to a rigorous Editorial Code of Conduct and a Compliance and Ethics Policy that align with best journalistic practice, including the avoidance of conflicts of interest.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by staff shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position