Who we are:
FE fundinfo is a global fund data and technology leader. We believe there are three things that make us stand out from the crowd - our data quality and coverage, our unique place within the investment industry and, of course, our people.
We facilitate better, more efficient investing by connecting fund managers and fund distributors and enabling them to share and act on trusted insightful information. We provide the data, tools, infrastructure, and the expertise required to research, distribute, market and invest in funds and model portfolios.
FE fundinfo is an ambitious and fast-growing company, with operations currently in Australia, Czech Republic, France, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Germany, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, and the UK.
Our clients include fund managers, life and pension providers, financial advisers and networks, platforms, fund supermarkets, software houses, financial portals and private investors.
Our business is based on trust, connectivity, and innovation that we see brought to life in our values. These reflect how we operate internally, and when combined, they are the essence of how we work together. We place our people at the heart of our organisation, who act as expert navigators in driving the business from strength to strength. We are proud of our vast global talent and we’re looking for people who are willing to grow with us.
For further information about FE fundinfo, visit http://www.fe-fundinfo.com/
Trustnet / Position overview
FE fundinfo's investment research website, Trustnet, is looking to hire a reporter keen to start their career in the financial, business and economic press. By joining the Trustnet team as a reporter, you will be instrumental in helping investors understand how issues such as the Covid pandemic, climate change and politics move the market and affect their portfolios.
Investment might sound like a complicated subject matter, but what we are looking for is a reporter new to the area who is looking to learn from our in-house training and the support of the wider FE fundinfo business, which is the UK's leading fund data and analytics provider.
The most important thing is that you have boundless curiosity, an interest in finance and a passion for quality journalism.
As an enthusiastic team player, the successful candidate will be part of the friendly but ambitious editorial team behind the award-winning Trustnet website and Trustnet Magazine. The role involves writing news and research articles about funds, markets and investments, drawing together sources such as industry contacts, FE fundinfo's investment data, news releases and third-party research.
You will be a self-starter who is brimming with fresh ideas and keen to innovate. We have a collaborative environment, where we bounce ideas off each other and work together to develop some of the industry's best content. We do not just want you to churn out press release after press release - you will be encouraged to run with any ideas for new story format, piece of research or editorial product with as much support as you need.
In this role, you will eventually become equally comfortable interrogating a fund manager running billions of pounds as you will analysing a spreadsheet looking for market trends. This is not as intimidating as it sounds! Investment is a truly interesting area, full of talented and friendly people, and you will be crafting journalism that is unique in our industry.
- Covering investment, market and economic news
- Writing longer features on funds and investments
- Building a strong contacts book and representing Trustnet as a core member of the company’s front of house staff
- Supporting the continued growth of Trustnet through new content ideas, promotion on social media and helping to build the audience
Your qualifications / experience required
- Previous experience or qualification in journalism is preferred, but not essential. You do not have to know anything about investments on day one or be a seasoned news hound - just be eager to learn
- Strong writing skills, confidence with numbers and ability to work to deadlines. We want someone who loves writing and is passionate about crafting interesting, engaging articles for their readers
- Excellent interpersonal skills. You will be dealing with people at all levels within the asset management industry, including some of the best fund managers in the country and CEOs of the industry's biggest firms.
Life at FE fundinfo
At FE fundinfo, our people are our most valuable asset. We want our employees to be able to bring their best selves to work every day, and as such we invest our time and energy in several initiatives to facilitate this, creating an inclusive work culture:
- Training and development: every employee has access to LinkedIn Learning: a global training repository hosting content on every possible topic you could think of Employees are encouraged to dedicate a minimum of two hours per work on training and development
- Health and wellbeing: we arrange initiatives such as mindfulness, online yoga and laughter workshops to promote a healthy lifestyle
- Innovation: employee voice is incredibly important to us, and we actively seek continuous feedback from our employees so that we are continuously improving and innovating
For more information on what it is like to work for FE fundinfo, we encourage you to take a look at our Glassdoor profile.
Competitive reward package, role full-time (37½ hours per week) split between our London office and home-from-working (flexibility on split and subject to Covid restrictions).
Have we sparked your interest?
To make further enquiries or apply please contact:
Rebecca Spink, HR advisor
30 Great Pulteney Street
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position