It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for an experienced reporter to join us at WalesOnline covering Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire, and Ceredigion.
This role exists to find and report on the stories and issues which matter to WalesOnline readers in a way which ensures as many people as possible discover and respond to our work. You will be working on one of the UK's best, biggest and fastest-growing regional news websites, mainly covering the areas of Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire and Ceredigion.
We are looking for journalists who are curious to find out what is going on down their street, who find time to listen to conversations and ask what they can add, and who believe journalism does its best when it is read by as many people as possible. You will want to write stories which make people come back to our site time and again, and be as comfortable picking up a breaking live blog as you are spending time off diary on that story which is really worth it.
We are looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please do not delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Find and tell stories which engage as many readers as possible, and stories which will be of interest to local communities
- Build communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engage with readers about those stories
- Take your own steps to bring people to your stories, via social media and newsletters
- Tell stories in many different ways, including (but not limited to) real-time live blogs and broadcasts, articles, videos, audio and pictures
- Ensure every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication, in accordance with the Editor's Code of Practice
- Act up or cover in other roles as and when required by the business
- Uphold Reach's policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non discrimination are upheld in everything we publish
The ideal candidate
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification
- Digital publishing skills - working a CMS, shooting video, taking pictures, presenting to camera
- You will love all things social media and use these skills to build audiences and communities, ensuring content in shared on social platforms
- Creative and passionate about quality digital storytelling in local journalism
- Driving licence is essential
- We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position