Reporters are required to research and write copy for the publications produced by AB. The publications they work on are allocated by the appropriate account manager / editor.
The reporter should:
- Attend editorial meetings with the editor and the client as required
- Know the schedule, keep abreast of progress with the publication and help the editor and deputy editor to ensure that the publication stays on track
- Help the editor to develop the story list, coming up with ideas for content that can be put forward at the editorial meeting
- Conduct interviews and write articles to deadline as assigned by the editor or account manager
- With the account manager and editors, prioritise and manage daily workloads to ensure all articles for all publications are followed up and written to deadline
- Ensure articles are signed off by story sources and client
- Develop ideas for photography and book photographers within the publication’s photography budget
- Attend daily meetings to update the publishing director, editors, operations team and studio about progress with stories
- Highlight any issues such as problems with contacting people for stories to the editor or account manager
- With the account manager, editor and deputy editor, help to develop the publication through new content ideas and source ideas for articles when meeting interviewees and during site visits
- Develop knowledge of the client organisation and the marketplace it operates in, including site visits whenever possible
- Bring ideas for better working practices to the attention of the account manager / editor and help implement changes where necessary
- Assist with pitches for prospective work as required.
The list is not exhaustive but gives a framework for the role; as with all functions within AB, there are times when everyone needs to be flexible and to work across functions to ensure the service we provide to our clients is of the highest standard.
AB Publishing Ltd
180-182 Bermondsey Street
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.