International Financial Law Review (IFLR) is hiring a Europe reporter to cover how banks, corporates and asset managers are adjusting to the wave of global, post-crisis regulatory reforms.
This is an exciting new role, offering an established reporter the opportunity to discover and explain the changing practices of legal and compliance teams in Europe.
The successful candidate will have previous journalism experience, preferably covering the business sector. They must have excellent written English, be comfortable dealing with senior professionals and able to meet deadlines. IFLR is looking for a reporter with high standards and a desire to break stories and unearth trends in market practice.
The role is an initial six-month temporary contract, with a view to extending to 12 months and then ultimately converting to a permanent position.
- Pitch and write exclusive trend articles that examine the practices of legal teams in the European financial and corporate sector;
- Develop and maintain good relationships with senior figures at banks, asset managers and corporates;
- Work closely with your editor to expand areas of coverage and track engagement with content;
- Attend and reporting on industry events, including opportunities for international travel.
The position requires:
- Sound knowledge of financial markets;
- Existing contacts within major financial institutions and law firms would be beneficial;
- Excellent written English and news writing ability;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and previous journalism experience;
- Proficiency on Google Analytics and an appetite to monitor users’ engagement with content.
How to apply:
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below