The Falmouth Packet newspaper has a vacancy for a news reporter working from its offices just outside the vibrant port of Falmouth in Cornwall.
Working 37.5 hrs per week. Time off in lieu for extra hours worked.
We are looking for either a self-motivated Pre-entry NCTJ journalist or a qualified NCE.
You will be responsible for your own patch as well as bringing in stories from other areas.
The Right Candidate Will Have To Be
- Be able to bring in off diary exclusives
- A good team player
- Ability to use own initiative
- Able to work long hours if necessary
- Good knowledge of working with SEOs and social media
- Ability to take good news photographs and videos
- All-rounder with the ability to function well in a multi-media environment
- Relates well to people
- Enjoys talking to people and getting their story
- Able to build strong relationships with people in the community
- Excellent shorthand skills
- Writing news stories for the paper and the web using SEO skills
- Promoting and updating the Packet's Facebook page
- Using social media such as Twitter and Facebook to promote the paper and the website
- Attending council and public meetings
- Attending court
- Attending inquests
- Taking photos and video
- Conducting interviews face to face and over the phone
Skills And Qualifications
- Either pre-entry NCTJ or NCE qualified will be considered.
- Media law
- Local government
- Full clean driving licence plus their own transport
- 25 days year holiday.
- The opportunity to work in a beautiful part of the world.
How To Apply
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below