Following a period of sustained growth, we are looking for a bright, enthusiastic individual to support our growing editorial team. Activity will be focused on researching and writing news for our four newsletters published every week, as well as providing an active contribution to our growing reports programme. Combined, this journalistic activity will help us develop and build our international membership.
Over the past five years, the platform has grown from an idea to reality; with new members and subscribers signing up and paying to join the platform every week.
The platform is extremely well respected within the international market and has developed a reputation for its insight, intelligence and connections. This has led to editorial and sales growth and significant potential for future international expansion.
The platform currently employs five full time members of staff – an editor in chief, an associate editor, a client services director, a client services manager and a marketing and content executive. Design is outsourced, although will be brought in house in due course. Combined, this team is supported and led by a managing director, and an operations director and backed by a two-person Group administrative team.
We are now looking for the next full time member of the team. This individual will help strengthen and enhance the existing editorial offering and output, while also providing support to the sales and marketing teams.
The right candidate will be an ambitious self-starter, who is looking to join a fast growing business and gain a valuable insight into the changing dynamics that exist between renewable energy finance and investment, and new business development.
The role of Reporter is best suited to a degree-educated individual with 1 to 2 years professional experience and who has a passion for news, media and business. The right candidate will be responsible for delivering valuable news, industry intelligence and analysis for our high-level readership – and will help support a busy editorial agenda.
Handling a wide variety of work necessary to develop and support the existing editorial output, the right candidate will join a fast-paced business that provides news, insight and events to senior and influential membership base.
Having the aptitude to think on your feet is a must and the ability to work independently and as part of a much wider team is particularly encouraged.
Through a combination of on-the-job training, mentoring and formal instruction, the individual will develop their core editorial, analytical, research and commercial skills.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the editor in chief, the candidate will:
· Research and write news for four intelligence briefings each week
· Upload and publish news stories to social media (LinkedIn and Twitter)
· Upload and publish news stories to the website, as appropriate
· Research and write people profiles for key people focused reports, that include the annual Top 100 Power People and Legal Power List, for example
· Research and write member Q&As for key reports and for our own website
· Research and write analysis pieces for website blog content and key reports
Key Performance Metrics
The Reporter will take responsibility for the delivery of key aspects of A Word About Wind’s published content, overseen by our editor in chief. This means:
- Researching and writing news for our newsletters
- Laying out newsletters (Premium and Weekly Digest)
- Managing our editorial output on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Writing one 500-word Wind Watch a week
- Writing one 300-word blog piece a week
- Researching and writing profiles of people for key people-focused reports
- Conceiving and supporting on new projects, as needed
- Building a network of contacts within the renewable energy industry
- Supporting the production team to assist with the running of our live events
Key Skills & Attributes
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to manage projects to deadline
- Ability to find, collate and interpret industry data
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong IT competency
- Strong interest in digital media
- Ability to develop strong relationships with others
- Flexibility and a willingness for occasional travel
- Good organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise and multitask
- Interest in renewable energy and financial services essential
- Would suit a recent journalism graduate or business to business reporter
At The Tamarindo Group, we pride ourselves on being a focused, dynamic business that offers excellent training, mentoring and a strong network of support.
Training and development includes a mix of internal seminars and external courses and a collaborative working is encouraged.
Our office hours are 9.00 – 5.30, and flexible working is possible where appropriate. Working outside of office hours is sometimes required but it is not encouraged.
We are headquartered in Central Oxford but in addition, all staff also have access to serviced office facilities in London, throughout the UK and overseas, where required. Having the ability and flexibility to travel overseas for business is essential. Home working practices are encouraged and adopted. Work-life balance is key.
Reward and remuneration
Further information subject to experience and available upon application.
How to apply
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below