Are you a journalist with an interest in sustainability? If so we have a great opportunity for you to join a fantastic team! We are looking for a talented and ambitious reporter to help make edie.net an essential part of the daily workflow of its core audience of sustainability, energy and resource professionals.
Working closely with the edie editorial team, the reporter will first and foremost be a proactive, ambitious and assertive “story-getter”, with a proven ability to independently generate well-written news and feature articles covering a diverse range of topics for a business audience.
In addition to writing regular news and analysis for the edie website, the successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the development of regular features, blogs and reports across a range of relevant topics for the sustainability and energy sectors.
What will you be doing?
- Delivering consistent, timely and high-quality news – both on and off-diary – for the edie website
- Quickly getting to grips with edie’s core audience and their needs, and demonstrating confidence in building relationships with key industry contacts
- Demonstrating a high-level of ambition with a desire to take innovative approaches to content as edie looks to increase website traffic and drive audience engagement
- Writing daily news and providing regular analysis, features and blogs for the edie website
- Assisting with the development of in-depth industry reports and business guides
- Helping to produce edie’s multimedia content, including video interviews and a bi-weekly podcast
- Promoting content and the brand across edie’s social media channels
- Attending key industry events including edie’s own conferences and exhibition
What are we looking for?
- Previous journalism and newswriting experience is essential for this role, we need someone to hit the ground running
- An NCTJ qualification is desirable
- Excellent writing skills and strong journalistic instincts, with a proven ability to consistently select the best angle and approach to stories
- An ambitious self-starter with the ability to think independently and fast-become a reliable and integral member of a small team
- Able to manage time effectively and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Good attention to detail and comfortable producing technical copy for a specific market
- Strong multimedia skills and a keen interest in using videos, podcasts and multimedia to liven up content
- An understanding of SEO and an ability to make editorial content stand out from the crowd and increase website traffic/engagement
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to work in an innovative and fast-moving industry sector
- A competitive basic salary and a wide range of company benefits
- A collaborative, open-plan work environment with casual dress as standard
- Regular company social events and quarterly updates
- Career development
edie.net provides energy, sustainability and resource efficiency professionals with the practical information, insight and intelligence they need to make their businesses more sustainable.
About Faversham House
edie is part of Faversham House, a progressive, independent media company. We are trusted by thousands of B2B professionals to deliver high-quality insight for better business decision making through our diverse portfolio of digital and print publishing, exhibitions, conferences and events.
We are based in East Grinstead, West Sussex, within an hour commute from London and easily commutable from the South Coast.
How to apply
To proceed with your application please contact Rachel Potter at email@example.com