OPI is widely regarded as the leading media and services organisation for the global business products industry.
Since its formation 27 years ago, the company has developed a unique portfolio of print and digital editorial products, events, research, training and recruitment services which is unrivalled in our sector.
An opportunity has arisen at the company's office in the fashionable Clerkenwell district of London, close to Farringdon station, for an energetic, confident self-starter to join a small, vibrant and friendly team.
Reporting to the deputy editor, the successful candidate will enjoy a varied and high-profile role, with an emphasis on news writing.
What you will do for us:
• Proactively manage OPI's web and print news service
• Write and post daily online news and produce short print features
• Manage production of a daily eNewsletter
• Assist with website, social media and other online content
• Report from industry conferences, UK and overseas (Europe and USA)
• Help to produce video interviews
• Liaise daily with industry contacts to source off-diary stories
What we would like from you:
• Graduate level with outstanding writing and verbal communication skills
• Fastidious attention to detail – we are pretty fussy about spelling, grammar and punctuation
• A year or two of experience as a journalist, preferably in a B2B environment.
• Confident and sociable, thrives on networking in a C-level setting.
• Ability to work accurately and creatively with the pressure of a daily deadline
• Comfortable handling a wide variety of stories, and is not fazed by a set of financial accounts or an earnings announcement
• Keen to undergo further journalism training
• Sound understanding of social media in a B2B context
What you can expect in return:
• Basic hours 08:30 – 17:00
• 30 days’ holiday per annum (including public holidays)
• An extra day off on your birthday
• Auto-enrolment pension
• Cycle to Work scheme (up to £1,000 loaned for some new wheels)
• Access to childcare voucher scheme
• Regular paid-for company nights out
• Comprehensive staff wellness initiative including fruit provided daily, free flu jabs, financial assistance towards spectacles, latest ergonomic sit-stand desks offered etc.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a short covering letter outlining briefly your suitability for the role. If you have PDFs of relevant work that has been published in print, or links to articles published online, please send those as well. All materials to be sent by email to: email@example.com.